The Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments is accepting nominations for three annual awards to recognize elected officials, staff, and innovative projects supporting and enhancing the principles of intergovernmental cooperation.
Anyone (COG member or not) may nominate any person or group (COG member or not) to be considered for any of the three awards. One nomination per form, please. Nominations may be submitted by returning a completed nomination form, which must be received or postmarked by Friday, December 29, 2017, in one of the following ways:
- Mail to: Award Nominations, MWVCOG, 100 High St SE, Suite 200, Salem OR 97301;
- Email to: email@example.com; or
- Fax to: 503-588-6094.
The MWVCOG Executive Committee, consisting of four elected officials representing the MWVCOG membership, will select the recipients for each award from the nominations received.
Award recipients will remain confidential and will be announced at the Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments’ Annual Dinner on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- The Gwen VanDenBosch Award – recognizes an elected official in Marion, Polk, or Yamhill County who demonstrates outstanding leadership in regional, intergovernmental affairs.
- The Wes Kvarsten Award – recognizes a staff person or volunteer working for or on behalf of one or more member governments within the region who has exhibited sustained commitment in support of regional, intergovernmental cooperation.
- The Regional Cooperative Project Award – recognizes a partnership of local governments within the region for a project or initiative that enhances intergovernmental cooperation.
A list of past award recipients can be found here.