WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2020
5pm – 7:30pm, $35 (light dinner included)
Keeping Out of Hot Water: Land Use Decisionmaking for Planning Commissioners, Elected Officials, City Administrators, and Planners Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) staff and local land use attorney Bill Monahan will cover the basics of state and local responsibilities, the role of planning commissioners and staff, decision-making bodies, ethical behavior, ex parte contact, quasi-judicial vs. legislative hearings processes, and legally defensible findings.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 30, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm, $65 (lunch included); 6 CM’s
Statewide Updates and Trainings
Sessions will include:
• Updates from Salem – A summary of current topics of interest in the statewide planning program, with legislative and rulemaking updates from DLCD.
• Small City Urban Issues – Panelists will highlight strategies to address housing, economic opportunity, main street activation, and public facilities.
• Agritourism Best Practices – Polk County, Oregon State University Extension, and an agritourism consultant and provider share perspectives.
• Wetlands: Pathways to Success – A discussion with Regional Solutions and Monmouth staff, plus an update on DSL’s Statewide Wetlands Inventory.
• Doing an Economic Opportunity Analysis – An overview of Goal 9 and examples of processes from Newberg and McMinnville will be shared.
• Walking Tour of Downtown Salem – City staff will highlight new development, housing, and redevelopment.
A no-host happy hour after the walking tour will complete the day. Everyone is invited to happy hour!
To register or apply for a scholarship go to www.oregonapa.org/events/
Questions? Contact Stephanie Kennedy, OAPA, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 626-8197
*For MWVCOG area parking options, go to: www.mwvcog.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Map.jpg