SKATS FY 2021-2026 Transportation Improvement Program
TRANSPORTATION PROJECT APPLICATION EVALUATION
Salem Keizer Area Transportation Study (SKATS) Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) received 14 applications for transportation projects within the SKATS MPO boundary for federal funds for the federal fiscal year (FY) 2021-2026 Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP). The estimated cost of the 14 projects is more than $44.5 million including a request for $38.5 million in federal funds. There will be approximately $15 million in federal funds available for new projects in FY 2022, 2023 and 2024 and an additional $11 million available for projects ready for contract in the FY 2025 -2026 illustrative years; although, it is up to the Policy Committee’s discretion to program funds for those years. Projects eligible for funding must be within the SKATS MPO boundary and be included in, or consistent with, the 2017-2043 Regional Transportation Systems Plan (RTSP). Applicants must be a tax-funded public agency that can enter into a contract with ODOT, with some restrictions, to be eligible to receive funding. A minimum 10.27 percent match is required.
Anticipated Schedule of Update:
- TAC: Develop recommended project list for PC
- PC: Discuss/Modify TAC recommendation and direct staff to prepare the Draft TIP and AQCD
November 2019 to January 2020:
- Staff Prepares Draft TIP and AQCD
- TAC: Recommend TIP to PC
- PC: Discussion of Draft TIP and AQCD
March 2020 to April 2020:
- PC: Release Draft TIP and AQCD for public review
- 30-day public review period
- Public input activities based on SKATS’ Public Participation Plan, including email lists, brochure mailing, flyers, press releases, social media notices, website updates, event notices, open house, and online map comment opportunity.
- PC Public Hearing and Decision
Policy Committee (PC) meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at noon, and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 1:30 pm both at the MWVCOG offices located at 100 High Street SE in Salem. There is public comment opportunity at every Policy Committee meeting. Agendas and materials are posted one week before the meeting on the MWVCOG website.
Project Summaries and Applications for each of the proposed projects are available below. Application instructions are also available below.
Final adoption of the TIP is expected by May 2020. For further information on the Transportation Improvement Program and the project selection process, or if you have any questions on the eligibility of a project or applicant, please contact Karen Odenthal at 503-540-1608 or email@example.com.
For more information on the SKATS FY 2018 – 2023 TIP