2021-2026 Transportation Improvement Program Update
Learn how transportation dollars will be spent over the next six years on transit, roadways, and bike and pedestrian facilities. The Draft Federal Fiscal Year 2021 through 2026 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Salem-Keizer urban area is available for public review and comment, and we want to know what you think. The TIP is a list of transportation projects expected to receive Federal funding over the next four years. Two additional years are included for illustrative purposes.
Before a final decision is made, the Policy Committee receives public input. All comments will be forwarded to the Policy Committee for consideration.
Given current MWVCOG restrictions on visitors to our offices due to COVID-19, attending in public may not be possible. Therefore, please submit comments by e-mail, phone, or through the online Open House. Contact us at 503-588-6177 for more information.
- Now available is an Online Open House in which you may leave comments about proposed projects.
- The public can comment by the Online open house, phone, mail, or e-mail.
- The draft TIP document is also available online at mwvcog.org.
- A TIP Brochure with project and program details and map.
- Folleto está disponible en español
- A public hearing for the draft FY 21-FY 26 TIP will be held at noon on May 26, 2020, during the SKATS Policy Committee, however given current MWVCOG restrictions on visitors to our offices due to COVID-19, attending in public may not be possible.
- Comments will be accepted until on May 17, 2020.
Direct Open House link: https://tinyurl.com/SKATSOpenHouse2020
Anticipated Schedule of Update:
March 2020 to April 2020:
- PC: Release Draft TIP and AQCD for public review at March 24th Policy Committee Meeting
- 30-day public review period (30 days is the minimum required, SKATS has an extended comment period until May 17, 2020)
- Public input activities based on SKATS’ Public Participation Plan, including email lists, brochure mailing, flyers, press releases, social media notices, website updates, event notices, online open house, and online map comment opportunity.
- PC Public Hearing and Decision at May 26th Policy Committee Meeting. Given current MWVCOG restrictions on visitors to our offices due to COVID-19, attending in public may not be possible. Therefore, please submit comments by e-mail, phone, or through the online Open House.
Project Summaries and Applications for each of the proposed projects are available below.
For more information on the SKATS FY 2018 – 2023 TIP