In July 2017, SKATS began an update to its Public Participation Plan (PPP) which serves as a guide for public involvement in Regional Transportation planning. Below is the schedule (as of September 26 2017) for this update which includes many opportunities for input from the public. We welcome your ideas and participation. The draft document is available here.
Please send comments to Kim Sapunar at 503-540-1611, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work begins by staff on update process, website updated, and notice to be sent to interested parties email lists.
- Public Participation Plan is a discussion item for the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) at their July 11, 2017 meeting, which is open to the public.
- Informational item on PPP update timeline at the July 25, 2017 Policy Committee (PC) meeting, which is open to the public.
- Continued work by staff on draft PPP.
- Draft Public Participation Plan presented to TAC September 12, 2017 meeting, open to the public
- Draft Public Participation Plan presented to PC September 26, 2017 meeting, open to the public
- The Policy Committee released the draft PPP on September 26th for a 45-day public review period, all comments welcomed via mail, email, telephone or in person.
- Press release announcing 45-day public review period, notice mailed (email and regular mail), and website updated.
- PPP status as informational item at TAC October 10, 2017 meeting, open to public
- PPP status as informational item at PC October 24, 2017 meeting, open to public
- November 10, 2017 45-day public comment period closes.
- All public comments received and staff responses summarized, and presented to November 14, 2017 TAC meeting, meeting open to the public
- With TAC approval, draft PPP recommended to PC
- All public comments received and staff responses summarized, and presented to November 28, 2017 PC meeting. PC will hold a public hearing prior to deliberation and adoption of the PPP. The PC may choose to adopt the plan, modify the plan and/or extend the public review period.