SKATS FY 2024-2029 Transportation Improvement Program
Transportation Project Solicitation
The Salem-Keizer Area Transportation Study (SKATS), the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Salem-Keizer-Turner, is soliciting for sponsors of transportation projects within the SKATS MPO boundary to apply for federal funds for the federal fiscal years (FY) 2024-2029 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). There will be approximately $13 million in federal funds available for new projects in FY 2025, 2026, and 2027 and an additional $12 million available for projects ready for contract in the FY 2028-2029 illustrative years; although, it is up to the SKATS Policy Committee’s discretion to program funds for those years. Projects eligible for funding must be within the SKATS MPO boundary and be included in, or consistent with, the 2019-2043 Regional Transportation Systems Plan (RTSP). Applicants must be a tax-funded public agency that can enter into a contract with the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), with some restrictions, to be eligible to receive funding. A minimum 10.27 percent match with non-federal dollars is required. Private entities or non-profit organizations may apply as co-applicants in partnership with a public agency.
Application instructions (including applicant and project eligibility information) and forms are available Pre-applications are to be submitted electronically no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Applications are to be submitted electronically no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 25, 2022, to be eligible for consideration for funding. Final adoption of the TIP is expected by May 2023. For further information on the Transportation Improvement Program and the project selection process, or if you have any questions on the eligibility of a project or applicant, please contact Karen Odenthal at 503-540-1608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congestion Management Process Checklist (PDF)
- October 1, 2021 Kickoff of MTIP Update
- October-November 2021 Review Evaluation Criteria (TAC and PC)
- December 1, 2021 Pre-Applications due
- February 25, 2021 Full Applications due
- March 2021 – April 2022 Public Input (Ongoing)
- July – August 2022 Public Input on Draft Recommended Project List
- July – August 2022 Discuss/Modify TAC recommendation, select preferred project list and direct staff to prepare Draft TIP and AQCD (Policy Committee)
- February/March 2023 Release Draft TIP and AQCD for Public Review (Policy Committee)
- March-April 2023 30-day Public Review period
- May 23, 2023 Public Hearing and Decision (Policy Committee)