The Salem-Keizer Area Transportation Study (SKATS) works on transportation planning activities, plans, and studies of regional significance in the Salem-Keizer area. The Public Participation Plan (PPP) serves as a guide to ensure an ongoing opportunity for broad-based public participation in the development of regional transportation plans, programs, and projects.
Every four years, the PPP is reviewed and updated, now is the beginning of that update process and we want to hear from you. Over the next few months, you will have an opportunity to tell us what you think about the plan and the strategies used for public involvement.
There will be public input opportunities in addition to the two monthly standing meetings of the SKATS Technical Advisory Committee and the Policy Committee. The Policy Committee (PC) meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at noon, and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 1:30 pm. Currently, both meetings are being convened virtually through Zoom. Agendas and materials are posted one week before the meeting on the MWVCOG website. Both are open to the public, and there is a standing public comment time on the Policy Committee agenda at the start of their noon meeting.
- Update kick off, email notices and website and Facebook updates.
- TAC: Discuss upcoming update
- PC: Discuss upcoming update
- Staff reviews and revises the document.
- Public Survey – feedback on preferred methods to hear about information, evaluation of past strategies.
- TAC: Staff review of the goals, objectives, and policies.
- PC: Staff review of the goals, objectives, and policies.
- Staff continues to revise the document.
- TAC: Continued review of the goals, objectives and policies.
- PC: Continued review of the goals, objectives and policies.
- TAC: Review final draft document and recommend to PC for public release
- PC: Review final draft document and release for 45-day public comment
- PPP provided to ODOT for comment.
- Public Comment period, September 28 to November 19 (Friday)
- TAC: Review public comments and recommend adoption if appropriate
- PC: Review public comments, hold Public Hearing and adoption if appropriate
- Public: Public Hearing November 23, 2021 SKATS Policy Committee (public testimony welcome)
SKATS’ public meetings and open houses when conducted in person are in facilities that are accessible to persons with disabilities. SKATS provides services or accommodations upon request to persons with disabilities, language translation, and people who need a sign language interpreter at public meetings. To make requests for a sign language interpreter, communication aid or language translation assistance, the public may call Lori Moore at 503-540-1609, or email at email@example.com 72 hours in advance of the meeting to accommodate their request. Hearing impaired please call Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service, 7-1-1.
Staff is always looking for opportunities to participate in open houses or public presentations that are happening with the local jurisdictions. To share ideas, feedback, and outreach opportunities, please contact Kim Sapunar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-540-1611.